Thursday, September 21, 2006

Rain Confirmed as Reason for Noise Absence

As mentioned before, I share a downtown D.C. office building with a member of the group which spews amplified noise pollution into our neighborhood every Saturday. He works on the fifth floor, I on the sixth. We both wear neckties.

I encountered him yesterday morning on the elevator. We cordially exchanged hellos. Then I asked why his amplified group was absent from the street corner on Saturday (Sept. 16). He confirmed my assumption that rainy weather kept the loud fellows away.

"What do you do all day when you get rained-out?" I asked.

“Nothing,” he replied. “Just a day off.”

“Yeah, it was a day off for everybody,” I said, as the elevator doors opened to the fifth floor.

“Have a good one,” he said and strode off the elevator.

“You, too,” I replied. The doors closed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a bullhorn. Wait for him in the lobby. When he steps out onto the street for lunch or to go home, lay into him with excerpts from your favorite "Cat in the Hat" book.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Klav said...

Others have suggested similar actions. Though it would be more effective to have amplified people follow D.C. city council members to lunch.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The noise you are experiencing is loud enough to be considered assault. It is like a directly contacting physical touch in that noise is a physical force. It is unwanted touching, molestation by noise, invasive physical contact with a wave rather than a solid material. It is relentless.

There is a way to lay a charge, up here in Canada, if a prosecutor won't lay the charge. Ultimately I expect to see such a precedent set.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home