Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Good Lord...Right in My Bedroom

Pastor Banks is on a roll this pleasant, sunny day.

She sometimes accompanies the Baltimore-based Rev. Dallas Williams to H and 8th St NE on Sunday afternoons. Damn...she's been at it for nearly an hour. Real fire and brim stone stuff today. Who needs to go to church when the church comes right into your living room?

Surely she must be nearly finished. I've already closed the windows. She and the Rev. Williams always are polite and will turn down the volume if asked. Usually I'd go say hi, but I'm not feeling 100% and am behind on my studies. So I've retreated to the back of the house.

ME: Return focus on my textbook.
PASTOR BANKS: "For God so loved the world!"
ME: Turn the page.
PASTOR BANKS: "That He gave His only begotten Son!"
ME: Highlight a sentence.
PASTOR BANKS: "That whosoever believeth in Him!"
ME: Review a formula.
PASTOR BANKS: "Should not perish, but have everlasting life!"
ME: Review the same formula again.
PASTOR BANKS: "Amen!"
ME: Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home