Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Welcome Prophet Jimmy Cates


A noise disturbance is measured by two things: Decibels and duration.

The Prophet Jimmy Cates appeared on the southwest corner of H and 8th St NE at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 29. It was the first time I'd met Cates and several others who were distributing flyers which read, "True Gospel Church of GOD will be having services at Well Water Church at 342 8th St NE in Washington." Services happen every Sunday at 3 p.m., according to the flyer.

Cates said he was more than happy for me to videotape him.

Sunday was windy, as you'll note the swirling sidewalk papers and blowing sound against the microphone. I was outside working in my front yard when I heard the faint sound of Cate's singing, which was quite good. The very cordial gentleman's amplifier was not overly loud, but was more audible when the wind blew south toward my house.

Cates was on the corner for about an hour and I did not find the decibels or duration to be bothersome from my house.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home